Train Station in Malaga María Zambrano
Malaga Car hire train station Maria Zambrano is located in the southwest of the Malaga center at Explanada de la Estación. It is next to the bus station about 2 km from Malaga Seaport and 9 km from Malaga Airport. Malaga Airport is connected to the station with the Cercania suburban lines.
Over a million locals use the María Zambrano Railway Station every month for Cercanías Málaga suburban lines. There are 12 platforms, two of them are underground ones are used exclusively for Cercanías Málaga. Also you can get to the downtown and to the railway station Málaga Centro-Alameda from the train station.
The Station’s location
The train station is located near the following facilities:
- Bus station
- 2 km from the Malaga harbour
- 9 km from Malaga Airport
The railway station is connected to Malaga Airport by the Cercanías C-1 local train. The previously mentioned suburban trains depart from the María Zambrano railway station: medium and long-distance trains and the AVE express, with directions to Cordoba, Madrid and Barcelona.
Speed Trains Ave
Below is a list of AVE high-speed train routes from Málaga — Maria Zambrano Train Station:
- Malaga — Madrid
- Malaga — Seville
- Malaga — Cordoba
- Malaga — Granada
- Malaga — Valencia
- Malaga — Barcelona
On some routes with heavy traffic On some of the busier routes, you can also take the slower or connecting train. This may take longer than traveling on some high speed or direct trains. But if you want to save your time and not depend on the train schedule, car rental will be the best choice.
At the station there are lockers for storing luggage
- Small locker: €3,10 per day
- Medium locker: €3,60 per day
- Large locker: €5,20 per day
- Opening hours: 07.00 - 23.00, 365 days a year
In 2004, the VIALIA station was opened in Malaga, containing 63,000 square meters it is the main one in Spain. VIALIA has underground parking and all railway services in this category, such as:
- VIP lounges
- Underground parking
- Tourist centre
- Shopping and entertainment center
- 10 Cinemas
- Over 100 stores
As well as the 4-star Hotel Barceló Vialia
30,000 square meters are reserved for a commercial area with 121 stores, including a cinema with ten cinemas. Opening hours: from 6:00 to 23:00. Most shops are open on Sundays.
However, if you want to travel from Malaga to Cordoba, Barcelona, Madrid or just to the center of Malaga by private transport, ignoring the crowds of millions of people, Rentline Car rental would be the best choice.
Car parking at Maria Zambrano train station in Malaga
There is a large round-the-clock parking lot under the station, which is very convenient for those who leave a rented car there and catch a train to continue the route. It is very comfortable. It is about 5 minutes from the parking lot to the train.
Parking Terms at the Station
- The parking cost is only €1,85 per hour
- 24-hour discount is also available in case of purchase goods at the VIALIA Shopping Center at the time of arrival
- AVE Club or Preferente train tickets include free parking for the first 24 hours (if you take one way) or 48 hours (if round trip)
- A 15-minute free parking is available for a short stay to pick someone up from the station and leave in a rented car
- As a free alternative, you can park outside the city center, near the airport, and then use the shuttle service. This option is especially attractive if you leave the car at the station for more than a day
Maria Zambrano railway station schedule
- The station is open from 5 a.m. to 0:45 a.m.
- Train tickets are available from 6 AM to 9:30 PM.
- Automatic ticket offices are open from 6 to 23:30.
- Luggage storage is available from 7am to 11pm.
The train station in Malaga is connected to Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola, Churriana and many other destinations from the nearby bus station. If you decide to get to Ronda — you can make an optimally comfortable route only by car.
A lot of Railway Companies increase prises for tickets at «Pic hours»
Rail services are popular services in Spain and throughout Europe. This is especially refers to commuter trains. Therefore, railway companies often raise ticket prices during peak hours. Typically, price increases occur: from 06:00 to 10:00 and from 15:00 to 19:00 on weekdays.
From the Railway station to the Malaga Airport
The distance is 9 kilometers. You can use the local train at the train station which takes you directly to Malaga airport. Rentline Car also offers car hire at Malaga Train Station. Therefore if you are traveling to Malaga through AVE and are looking for a car rental at Malaga Train Station, check out the rental car prices from Rentline Car managers.
Individual transfer: book a car safety and easy
Safety comes first. When you rent one of our cars, we deliver it to you with a full check to avoid any type of incident that might cause the equipment. In addition, all our cars have insurance.
Rentline Car online reservation: transparency and allows
- See the renting car cos Immediately
- Choose car categories
- Choose additional services
- Find exclusive offers and discounts to suit your needs
- You can safely book a car online today without a fee and pay for your rental upon arrival at the reception!
Best prises to rent a car in Malaga
Rentline Car provides thousands of customers with the best price for car rental in Malaga. We invite you to become our next satisfied customer!
Our mission is to help people rent a car in Malaga at the best price, with optimal options. We have a large cars selection for every taste and exclusive low prices for a large cars line in Malaga! You have an access to exclusive low prices and free extras from Rentline Car.
Our search engine reservation system guarantees complete transparency! We can choose the best price and additional rental requirements. Our managers will also help you find the right car upon your individual request.